COMMITTEE MEETING of FRIENDS OF ST ANDREWS PARK held on 26th November 2007

COMMITTEE MEETING of FRIENDS OF ST ANDREWS PARK, at 4 LEOPOLD ROAD, BRISTOL on 26th November 2007




1. PRESENT: Richard Howell, Martin Weitz, David Cemlyn, John Mayne, Sarah McMurchie, Jo Corke, Doug Reid, Paul Bullivant, Jenny Morris

2. APOLOGIES: None

3. MINUTES: Approved

4. MATTERS ARISING:

• FUNDS: David Cemlyn reminded us that he has £1000 to donate to FSAP to be spent on environmental/social needs. He suggested it could be used to fund the group John Mayne said that money left over from ‘old’ group now in Nationwide deposit a/c. Current a/c has £500 for group use.
JM to liaise with DCto transfer £1000 to current a/c.

• CONSTITUTION:
a) SM to number points
b) SM to ‘depersonalise constitution
c) SM to change wording to ‘open to local residents and other park users’
d) Amend definition of Aims to ‘preserve and promote the heritage of the park’.

• PUBLICITY:
Need to consider when to publicise what is happening around Park matters. e.g.
a) In Venue?
b) In Evening Post – possibility of a feature?
c) In Points North? MW to contact.
d) Press release

• WEBSITE:
MW spoke to Jake McMurchie who is a website developer and he has said he will help to make it simpler and more accessible as soon as he is less busy (after New Year).


4. CONVENORS REPORTS:

a) Antisocial Behaviour and Litter (ASBL) Group SM to work with Jon Gulson to consider siting of litter bins and then approach CH. However Chris Hammond has notified JM that there is to be a trial of a couple of new bins. It was noted that CH the fact that consultation is VERY important to us as a general principle. DC to discuss with local councillor. It should be an expectation that the Park authorities will consult with local community before taking any steps which affect the Park. RH &SM to arrange meeting with CH.

b) Social Group Agreed to organise ‘get-together’ so that people can get to know each other. Agreed to do something in spring, on a Sunday afternoon. Also after next open meeting on 28th January 2008 give people the opportunity to meet in the Annexe next to the Sportsman Pub on Neville Road.

• North Bristol Art was very successful. Discussed and agreed.

• Music and Art in the Park 5/6th July 2008 – many ideas and much enthusiasm. Help required.

• Historic walk also very successful. More commissioned.

• Notice Boards needed urgently.

c) Facilities/Heritage Group getting ideas together

d) Graffiti Group

• Fence around playground almost finished. Good work Doug! And many thanks for your hard work.
• Graffiti on benches – one option is to ‘adopt’ a bench.
• Toilet block- no decision, but could easily be repaired, ask artist?

e) Play Group – no report.

5. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

• ONGOING:
a) Wildlife/Pond -JM had meeting with May Wood from Avon Wildlife who was enthusiastic about the pond. Further discussion about it on 4th December with CH and Helen Hall.
b) Rose beds-CH contacted JM about council and community cooperating to redo some of the rose beds which require attention. Nice idea- but is that what we want? JM to ask for volunteers (several from those present).

• CONSULTATION Agreed we want to work constructively with the Council. We need to outline our plans and ambitions for the Park. Build positive relations.

6. NEXT OPEN MEETING:

28th January 2008 at 8pm at the Annexe (next to Sportsman Pub on Neville Road, Bishops ton). Business meeting to take place before hand at 7pm.
Stay on for drink afterwards.

Views: 8

Reply to This

If you'd like to join our mailing list then please click here

If you'd like to visit our Facebook group then please click here

© 2022   Created by admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service