You will know that we are keen to develop a wildflower meadow in St Andrews Park, and that this idea has the blessing of park manager Chris Hammond.

Back in June, Marjo and John met with Chris Hammond and he discussed his preferred site for the meadow and described the planting process, saying that he would be happy to provide the seeds, machinery and labour to prepare the ground - the Wildlife Group would then have the chance to be involved in the sowing of the seeds. It was agreed that Chris would take this forward. Marjo and John also asked Chris about the possibility of keen gardeners in the group adopting a flower bed to imrove the planting and Chris was again willing to take this forward.

On September 18th, Marjo emailed Chris Hammond with a detailed account of what had been agreed - see below and Chris's reply. Due to Chris's work commitments, it looks like we will have to wait until November/December before these projects can be taken forward as it would be difficult for the group to do anything on its own.

Regards

Des

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 19 September 2008 13:55
To: Jo Corke; John Mayne
Subject: FW: Meeting with John Mayne and Marjo de best in St Andrews' Park on June 17th 2008.

Hi John & Jo - Prompt reply from Chris enclosed. Marjo

> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:31:20 +0100
> From: chris.hammond@bristol.gov.uk
> To: mdebest@hotmail.co.uk
> Subject: Re: Meeting with John Mayne and Marjo de best in St Andrews' Park on June 17th 2008.
>
> Hello
> Thank you for your email and notes
> I regret Due to my present workload I will not be able to move forward on these projects until possibly Nov/Dec
> Sorry but currently I am acting up as assistant operations manager, plus working with colleagues on the landscaping of cabot circus, M32 and other very large projects
> If you as a group wish to progress some of the projects I am happy to find time in a supportive role
> I realise this is not ideal
>
> Regards
> Chris Hammond
> Senior Community Park .Manager (Operations)
> North & Central Bristol
> Bristol Parks
> Bristol City Council
>
> The possible I can do, the impossible may take me a little longer!
>
> This message has been delivered via a Blackberry Mobile Communication Device
> -----Original Message-----
> From: marjo de best
> To: Chris Hammond
>
> Sent: 18/09/2008 18:43:13
> Subject: Meeting with John Mayne and Marjo de best in St Andrews' Park on June 17th 2008.
>
>
> Hi Chris
>
> Hope that you had a good summer. You said that you did not know whether you were still going to be responsible for St Andrews' park in the future - if not please pass this onto whoever is. Hope you still are though!
>
> I enclose an attachment with a summary of what was discussed. I'm afraid it is very overdue and sorry for the delay.
> Look forward to hearing back from you in due course.
>
> Marjo

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chris Hammond's proposal for a Wild Flower Meadow 8.11.08

Attachments:

RSS

© 2017   Created by admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service