What has the warm spring weather brought us over the last few days?

Not blossom and birdsong - but beer bottles, noise and urine. 

Loud music from amplifiers throbbing all afternoon and evening - the endless hiss of Nitrous oxide cylinders  - widespread drunken behaviour - people urinating all around the park opposite our houses - people illegally selling food, jewellery, alcohol and drugs  in the belief they are at a Glastonbury type event -  daily overflowing rubbish bins - hundreds of beer bottles and gas cylinders littering the grass.

I'm sure everyone living around the park is completely sick and tired of the endless mess, noise and anti-social behaviour. OK its great for people to enjoy the park and the sunshine  but few would disagree that things have got out of control and are heading for trouble. 

Our park has been deluged with people who dont care  about the rubbish and the noise. It has been transformed into a squalid mess.  OK - some or even most say they care - but look at the mess and come hear the noise for yourself. 

NUMBERS ARE OUT OF CONTROL.  WHERE ARE THE POLICE PATROLS?

WHERE IS BRISTOL COUNCIL?  DO THEY CARE that our park is TRASHED LIKE THIS EVERY DAY?

What chance in hell have they got of achieving Green Flag status for the park when they abandon it in such a blatant manner?   Why is no one taking any notice and bringing in regular police patrols and providing an adequate number of rubbish bins?     Why have they abandoned any rubbish collections at weekends - just when the rubbish is at its worst!

Meanwhile the park we have all done so much to try and improve over the last few years is turning into a place where young families with children are too  frightened to enter it.   Children feel threatened by the drunken, drugged older youths.  

When local children say they are scared of entering the park because of the drunken and drugged youths we should be worried. 

DONT LET OUR PARK GET TRASHED EVERY DAY.   WE MUST TAKE URGENT ACTION. 

WE MUST GET THE COUNCIL and the POLICE TO TAKE THESE ISSUES SERIOUSLY and INSTITUTE  IMPROVEMENTS. 

Views: 693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am the administrator of the site and I have NOT deleted any posts. Your first post is on page 3 of the discussion thread - have you posted any more?

The only solution to this problem is to ban young people congregating in this area. The police should also enforce a drinking and smoking ban. This will keep the youths away. 

They can all move on somewhere else and destroy a different neighborhood.

Something which has not been mentioned yet is that their loud music has scared away several species of bird. I was looking forward to a weekend of photography, yet could not find the desired species. Clearly this was due to the music being played loudly and too many young people being present in one area.

An absolute disgrace.

HJW Head.

Thanks for the much-needed injection of humour, Harold.  ;o)

A masterly piece of satire.

i really must say bravo for the satire...

hope this all gets sorted out in such a way that everybody can enjoy the parc but Bill please stop mentioning the illegal bar!! there was no such thing it was friends celebrating a birthday.

remember if you see anybody leaving litter tell them to pick it up really loudly i'm sure there'll thank you for reminding them

A bar is a great idea though. Who do we apply to to get council funding for such a project?

Lets think big, perhaps do away with the pond and get some sand in there. We can make a little beach bar.

With the revenue we earn from this we could make all kinds of new improvements.

Whilst on the subject of improvements and the problem of litter. A potential solution to the problem is using chimps to clean the litter.

They are already being used on the clifton downs to tackle litter problems ( trust them cliftonites to get council funding for such projects first...)

And anyway, if you think St Andrews park is over crowded on sunny days, look at this picture I took at the downs on the weekend. I think we should count ourselves lucky!

stop putting up photos of 1 your house (which i like), 2 your kids (definetly related to you) and your holidays (looked like lots of fun)!! this is serious discussion
Glad to hear the true story about about the bar - ie that it was not a actual bar selling  booze - but a birthday party bar - something which I had never seen before in the park  - my apologies for seeing this as a real bar. I have removed the picture and withdraw any suggestion that this was selling alcohol or anything else.

Well said Martin..............The Birthday Bar sounds better in more ways than one.

D.

....although it would have been better to utilise the cafe perhaps. That is what it's there for after all.

I don't think the cafe sells any booze though does it..

RSS

© 2019   Created by admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service