What has the warm spring weather brought us over the last few days?

Not blossom and birdsong - but beer bottles, noise and urine. 

Loud music from amplifiers throbbing all afternoon and evening - the endless hiss of Nitrous oxide cylinders  - widespread drunken behaviour - people urinating all around the park opposite our houses - people illegally selling food, jewellery, alcohol and drugs  in the belief they are at a Glastonbury type event -  daily overflowing rubbish bins - hundreds of beer bottles and gas cylinders littering the grass.

I'm sure everyone living around the park is completely sick and tired of the endless mess, noise and anti-social behaviour. OK its great for people to enjoy the park and the sunshine  but few would disagree that things have got out of control and are heading for trouble. 

Our park has been deluged with people who dont care  about the rubbish and the noise. It has been transformed into a squalid mess.  OK - some or even most say they care - but look at the mess and come hear the noise for yourself. 

NUMBERS ARE OUT OF CONTROL.  WHERE ARE THE POLICE PATROLS?

WHERE IS BRISTOL COUNCIL?  DO THEY CARE that our park is TRASHED LIKE THIS EVERY DAY?

What chance in hell have they got of achieving Green Flag status for the park when they abandon it in such a blatant manner?   Why is no one taking any notice and bringing in regular police patrols and providing an adequate number of rubbish bins?     Why have they abandoned any rubbish collections at weekends - just when the rubbish is at its worst!

Meanwhile the park we have all done so much to try and improve over the last few years is turning into a place where young families with children are too  frightened to enter it.   Children feel threatened by the drunken, drugged older youths.  

When local children say they are scared of entering the park because of the drunken and drugged youths we should be worried. 

DONT LET OUR PARK GET TRASHED EVERY DAY.   WE MUST TAKE URGENT ACTION. 

WE MUST GET THE COUNCIL and the POLICE TO TAKE THESE ISSUES SERIOUSLY and INSTITUTE  IMPROVEMENTS. 

Views: 685

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't be silly, mr fun - I wasn't threatening.  I was just pointing out that if you want to ensure more police presence in the park, you're going the right way about it.

No one in the Friends of St Andrews Park is opposed to people having fun, but what they are not happy about is,  for example, drunken  park-users urinating (and crapping too Im afraid) in their front gardens and all over the park.  

We dont mind reasonable music for personal use between a few friends - but we do object to amplifiers and loud drums being used so that no one in or living around the park can get any peace and cannot escape the noise.   

We dont mind people having a picnic as long as they take their litter home with them  and tidy up afterwards.  

We dont object to the use of barbecues as long as people do not burn the grass - by using those with legs to raise them off the ground.

If people make these kinds of simple attempts to take the feelings of other park users and local residents into consideration when they use the park  - then there wont be a problem.   

Fixing the Toilet Block  should provide  All in the Park with somewhere to go in comfort.

Urinating & defecating surely can't be right in a Public Park?.

It has been stated @  many Friends of St Andrews Park Meetings  that we are not opposed to people havinf fun

& that remains & will remain the case......................

Mr Fun - Please do leave, you aren't doing anyone any favours trying to "educate" the people here, think about what your goals are, which are being left alone and trying to address the litter, urniation, and noise issues. Being argumentative is the worst way to go about it - and the best way to make your preconceptions about how others view you self-fulfilling. The people here are concerned about the same things you are....

Martin & Doug - Do you think the residents would consider a few signs being put up near the bushes people use to urinate saying something like "if you continue to use bushes as urinals the park will become a no-drinking zone, don't ruin it for everyone!" to be an eyesore?

Hi - Admin here - I did not close the discussion, but it is now open again - not sure what happened there! Debate and dialogue is good so as long as no one starts being slanderous or just plain rude then the debate should continue.

well done Simon I think that the lads  are behaving themselves but we need to talk to try to solve

what is clearly a problem

D.

I'm glad you mention people being slanderous as I feel I have been victim to this please see my earlier reply to martins false accusations and picture of a supposed unlicensed bar. Having implied we were not only selling drinks but also drugs! This is FALES and therefor SLANDER. Please sort this out admin. Take my photo down and get him to  retract his statement and apologize!!
See (flagged on Home Page) my misplaced comment re BBQs. Small investment in one or other of the permanent installations now up in other public open spaces would resolve this issue. Instant BBQs on small legs scorch the grass too. You'd have to raise them much higher to avoid this happening. Nitrous oxide canisters are hazardous litter. They tend to lie around even after a clean-up. The present toilets are a disgrace. And yes -- we do need night time lighting. On the up side? Play area is great -- so's the paddling pool -- and the Cafe. Cheers Mary

Well done Martin on your Radio Bristol interview this evening - lets hope ordinary people can reclaim the park.

The radio interview can be found here @ 1:39.10

The Bristol Evening Post article is here
i put up a post i thin its been deleted ?? is it because i mentioned an elitist attitude towards the parks use?? i am definetley a friend to st andrews park i have given untold hours free to litterpicking so please don't delete my views

RSS

© 2019   Created by admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service